Odyssey MAX®10 FPGA Evaluation Kit
Whether you are collecting and processing data, controlling a remote device, or just adding extra hardware processing to an industrial or IoT design, MAX 10 FPGAs offer outstanding value and have the features and capability you need to achieve your design goals.
Odyssey MAX 10 FPGA Evaluation Kit
Block Diagram [click here to enlarge]
Explore the advantages of Altera MAX 10 FPGAs! The Mpression Odyssey MAX 10 FPGA evaluation kit is ideal for doing proof-of-concept experiments using this Bluetooth® SMART (also called Bluetooth Low Energy or BLE) enabled development platform.
- Uses a non-volatile Altera MAX 10 FPGA
- Full access to all MAX 10 FPGA features, including:
- Dual-configuration: MAX 10 FPGAs provide a single-on-die Flash memory that supports dual-configuration, for true fail-safe upgrades.
- Analog Blocks: Integrated analog blocks feature a temperature-sensing diode and an analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
- Instant-on: MAX 10 FPGAs can be the first usable device on a system board to control bring-up of high-density FPGAs, ASICs, ASSPs, and processors.
- DSP blocks: As a non-volatile FPGA with DSP, MAX 10 FPGAs are ideal for high-performance, high-precision DSP applications.
- Access to powerful soft IP such as the NIOS II 32-bit embedded processor
- DIP form factor with Arduino shield expansion compatibility
- Microphone, LEDs and switches for user input and output
- Connects to Odyssey Bluetooth SMART Sensor board (included in kit) to provide USB and wireless connectivity plus additional sensors for UV and ambient light, proximity, pulse rate, blood oximetry, temperature, and humidity.
- Sensor expansion through I2C compatible interface
Learn more about the Odyssey MAX 10 FPGA board and the devices used: View MAX 10 FPGA Teardown
You can also learn about the parts on the BLE Sensor board that connects to the MAX 10 FPGA board: View BLE Sensor Teardown
Buy Your Odyssey MAX 10 FPGA Evaluation Kit
Customers in GFEC can purchase their Odyssey MAX 10 FPGA Evaluation kit from Macnica Americas.
Customers in other global regions can contact their local Macnica company from our Global Network
Your Odyssey MAX 10 Evaluation Kit comes with the MAX 10 FPGA board connected to the Bluetooth SMART Sensor Board. To start using your kit:
- Go to the web utility at https://odyssey.m-pression.com and register.
- Using your Smartphone, download your Mpression Odyssey Smartphone App
- Download for Android
- (Download for iOS coming soon)
- Power up your Odyssey MAX 10 Evaluation Kit by connecting it to a micro-USB cable (cable not included) connected to a power source such as a laptop or wall adapter.
- Start the Mpression Odyssey Smartphone App
- Select the Odyssey board from the list of advertising Bluetooth devices
- Select the personality of your choice in the app
- Interact with the Odyssey using the app
Mpression Odyssey Smart Phone App
Create a Smart Phone Interface App Without Writing Any Code
Use our phone app set up and control your MAX 10 FPGA Evaluation Kit. You can control the FPGA through the app without creating custom user interface hardware as well as run experiments with different sensors and process data. With our phone app web portal, you can also personalize your app to select sensor parameters to be measured and how you want to display them. The app is free and will be available for Android and iPhone.
Download the Android version of the Odyssey smarphone app: Download app
(iOS version of the Odyssey app is coming soon!)
Access the Odyssey Web Utility: Click Here
The Odyssey MAX 10 Evaluation kit has pre-loaded personalities that combine a reference design and smart phone interface. With these personalities, you can quickly access and control the MAX 10 FPGA and sensors on the Odyssey Bluetooth SMART sensor board. Information for each personality will highlight what the functions are and information about the sensors or other devices being used.
For more information on Odyssey personalitities: Personalities Overview
Odyssey Kit FAQs
MAX 10 FPGA Information
- MAX 10 FPGA Overview and Virtual Tour Video [click here]
Coming Soon: "How-To" Videos
Macnica will offer short 2-10 minute videos to help you get up and running quickly with your Odyssey Bluetooth SMART Sensor Kit. These videos will include topics such as:
- Odyssey Board Environment and Discovery (Quick Start)
- Interact With The Odyssey Bluetooth SMART Sensor Kit Using A Smart Device
- Downloading A Personality To The Odyssey Bluetooth Sensor Board
Macnica offers vWorkshops with lab exercises to teach you how to implement designs on your Odyssey Bluetooth SMART sensor kit and use the smartphone app to control it.
Initial Bluetooth SMART vWorkshops include:
- Getting Started With The MAX 10 FPGA In Your Odyssey Kit (Coming Soon)
- Bluetooth SMART Introduction and Concepts
- The WICED SMART Bluetooth Environment
- Build Your Own WICED SMART Bluetooth LE Device
For the complete list of available Bluetooth SMART workshops with full descriptions: [click here]
WICED WiFi vWorkshops will also be available (dates TBD)